Our equipment offerings for BARREL PLATING are the most diverse in the industry!
with limited product designs, we’ve successfully integrated equipment and technology
our long-term Strategic Partners into our designs and systems. With a significantly broader range of
we objectively determine the appropriate and cost effective solutions for your particular needs.
BTA has "NO AXE TO GRIND" in the flexible way we approach your Barrel System needs and budget.
Barrel Equipment Solutions include:
• The patented PLATEXPRESS™ System which is unique in it's ability to provide a more consistent finish with lower operating costs.
• The HYBRID System, which utilizes many of the PLATEXPRESS™ features, but with traditional barrel/hoist orientation.
• Stainless steel "mini" hoists **
• Steel and Stainless Cantilevered (Side-arm) hoists **
• Steel and stainless railrider hoists
• Overhead cranes for high capacity, double barrels
** available with environmental enclosures
Energy-conserving designs are a specialty
By minimizing losses from heated tanks, and dramatically reducing exhaust cfm (often by more than 80%), we offer significant savings in recurring heated make-up air and energy consumption, especially in Northern U.S. & Canada.
Water-conserving “Multi-Rinses”™ reduce floorspace and water consumption by >50%. These have been used for years within U.S. “HYBRID” installations. These lines require only a single rinse station on-line, in lieu of 2 and/or 3 station counterflow rinses, thus shortening the line footprint & number of hoists required.
IN-BARREL DRYING - a time-proven, patented system used for years in the U.S.
Unlike conventional, centrifugal drying, more delicate parts need not be dumped into
spin baskets for placement inside the dryers. Rather, following final on-line rinse, barrel is conveyed to semi-vacuum dryer stations with special, minimal rotational
cycle. The barrel dryers are available with automatic covers, to minimize
Integral to the system’s success is state-of-the-art controls
For more than 20 years, we have exclusively utilized AUCOS
control systems. All systems are available with:
• Flexible, Production-Scheduling/Optimized Controls
• Advanced real-time simulation/verification of layout and capacities.
• Optimized concurrent processing of widely varying process recipes and dwell times. Unlike less intelligent “dynamic scheduling systems”, there is no need for part/fixture storage or queue.
• Superior, in-depth fault diagnostics.
• Global, modem service (PC front-end & PLC), available 24/7
• Extensive part database, enhanced control & traceability
• Available in UNIX, LINUX & Windows platforms.
• High accuracy infra-red & laser hoist positioning systems